Saturday, February 18, 2017

measure


Look at this beauty!

This week I received a parcel of goodies in the post from a lovely lady - Kelli H - with whom I've been corresponding since we *met* on the APQ Blogs some years ago.


It's from a Civil War BOM that she saw at a local quilt show. The thing with a BOM is that you only get enough fabric to make the block.

Me: Yep, that's right.

There are no leftovers.

Me: Yep, I've got it.

There can be no mistakes.

Me: I'm all over it.

So then I went and cut the squares the wrong size. Not deliberately mind.

Sigh.

This meant I had to go diving into the fabric stash to see if I had something that could substitute. I found some fabric from Merrit - another APQ blogger I shared emails and little gifts with.

I like the idea that this project has fabrics from both these lovely ladies. I also found some fabrics from Ariane that I had stashed away and forgotten (sorry Ariane) which go well with some fabric Christine sent me. I'm getting a miniature quilts vibe for these.

I also thought I'd use up the last of the blue, brown, and dark cream spot fabric that I've been working with lately.


I'll be making alittelbitbiased's Square Dance Quilt. Here's her version. I like the colours she has used.

Square Dance by A Little Bit Biased

There is still fabric left over so I plan to use it in the backing.



5 comments:

  1. Aren't you a lucky gal receiving all those gorgeous fabrics for those ladies. Don't you hate it when you only have so much fabric and you make a mistake....happens to me all the time. Love your new block and the Square Dance quilt is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the block - one of my favorites! The fabric is awesome. I think we've all made mistakes while cutting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sounds like you have a good solution in place. I hate when I cut wrong and don't have enough of the fabric to fix it. Beautiful fabrics you are playing with. Love the background in your pretty star block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ann, so happy to hear you are sewing. Can't wait to see your new project. Love your colours.
    Wow, the old APQ blog, I remember that. It was good fun and I met some wonderful quilters. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you experienced with those BOM's is exactly what I experienced when I tried BOM's; not fun, but your block turned out beautiful! Looking forward to watching your new project develop. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.