Saturday, January 7, 2017

blinked


Where did December go? Christmas? Yikes - Happy New Year!

After a less than average quilty output in 2016, I thought I had better get my act together this year.

You can see my UFOs in my new blog header and they are there to remind me every time I open my blog that they need attention.

I saw a wavy machine quilting pattern on a quilt that I'd like to use on the Raindrops Baby Quilt. Thought it best to try it out first and hey, we needed a new table mat for our family room table.


Not bad. I think it will do the trick. 

When I was searching the inter-webs for some zippered pouch patterns I discovered that 2016 was the year to Quilt The Stash.  I soooo need to use the fabric I already have. I am not allowed anywhere near a quilt shop this year.
 

  Oh well, better late than never!

9 comments:

  1. The table mat is pretty, love the fabrics and the wavy line quilting looks good. I tried to use up a bunch of my stash last year and will continue this year as well. If I can make what I want out of what I have, that is the best. If not, I will only purchase new fabric for a specific part of the quilt and not just buy pretty fabric. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that same wavy quilting somewhere and was thinking maybe I should try it someday --- that is, if I ever get anything ready to quilt! Your table mat finish is really nice; love the fabrics. Very few quilt shops will see me in 2017 either; remember all that fabric I got at that flea market? Well, that's most likely it for this year! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, how did it get to be 2017 already? I hope you have lots of quilty energy in the coming year. Your table mat is a good start, and I'm sure there must be something in your stash that will demand to become something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....but fabric shops always are such fun to visit. =) Cool table mat; love the fabrics and the quilting! Happy New Year to you! Looking forward with delight to visiting you this year and seeing what pretties you are whipping up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain! I shouldn't go anywhere near one either so what am I doing? Planning a trip to Missouri Star Quilts in Hamilton-the whole town (practically) is a quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HNY....love the postcard at the top...have a great year using your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed that your header and table mat all have a pretty blue/turquoise color! Very pretty! I am agreement about using stash. Last year I think I was pretty naughty and even though I made a bunch of quilts, my stash seems to have grown! Yikes! I plan to do what Marsha is going to do. Only buy for specific needs in parts of quilts and try to use my stash mostly. Good luck in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have some good goals for 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilting on the table runner! I too need to start using the stash and stop buying.... although neutrals and backings are always ok to buy... right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.